A decadent, delightful, delectable, distinctive burger! Probably one of the best keto burgers you will ever try!
- Almond Butter Sauce
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1 cup water
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 4 fresh Thai Chili Peppers
- 6 tbs Coconut Amino
- 1 tsp Swerve
- 1 tbs rice vinegar
- 1.5 pound Grass Fed Ground Beef (buy from local farms or from US Wellness Meats!)
- 4 slices Pepper Jack Cheese
- 8 slices uncured bacon
- 1 large red onion
- Almond Butter Sauce
- Sauce can be made ahead then warmed before putting on the burgers.
- In a small sauce pan mix almond butter and water.
- Bring to a slow simmer on low flame, and keep stirring until it has reached a thick consistency.
- Now add the coconut aminos and mix well.
- In the meantime in a small food processor mix garlic clovers, the chili peppers, with their seeds, vinegar and Swerve, then blend until a smooth paste is formed. ( I used a coffee grinder for this).
- Now add the chili paste to the almond butter mix and stir until well blended.
- Set aside.
- Bring the ground beef to room temperature.
- Shape into 4 patties, then put an indentation in the middle of each patty with your thumb, so the patty will not become round once cooked.
- Once shaped place the 4 patties on a broiler pan, then sprinkle with plenty of salt and pepper.
- Turn on the oven’s broiler on high and once the oven is hot place the patties, at about mid-height in the oven.
- Broil for about 7 min or until golden brown on top.
- Now remove from the oven and turn.
- Again broil for 5 to 7 min or until browned outside.
- Now remove from oven and place cheese slices on the burgers.
- Put back in the oven for 5 minutes until cheese melts.
- Slice red onion in ¼” thick slices.
- In the meantime fry bacon in a skillet until desired doneness.
- Drain bacon on a paper towel.
- To assemble the burger:
- Place 2 lettuce leaves in the bottom of each dish, they can be folded if they are too large.
- Now place the patties on top of the lettuce.
- Place a slice of red onion on the patties.
- If you want to hold your burger, let the bacon cool, then add the Almond Butter Sauce on top of the onion and top with bacon.
- If you want to cut your burger, place bacon on the onion and top with abundant sauce.
NotesThe portions indicated in the recipe are LARGE portions. makes 6 to 8 small portions!
- Serves: 4 portions
- Serving size: 4
- Calories: 890
- Fat: 68 gr
- Carbohydrates: 8 grams NET
- Fiber: 10 grams
- Protein: 54.4