And now finally, we get to this delicious latke recipe that is totally Whole 30 compliant! These were easy to make and SO tasty! Crispy on the outside and sweet and slightly starchy on the inside, they went great with a poached egg for my breakfast. These latkes would also go great as a dinner side dish to pretty much any meat or poultry. It’s a great way to sneak some extra veggies into your kids menu – my five year old even liked them!
Author: Mellissa Sevigny, Yield: (4) 5″ latkes Category: Entree Cuisine: Latkes
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1 cup shredded sweet potato
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 Tbsp coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp ghee or clarified butter
- 1 Tbsp EV olive oil
- Combine the zucchini, sweet potato and egg in a medium bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix the coconut flour and spices together. Add the dry ingredients to the zucchini mixture and stir until fully combined.
- Heat the ghee and olive oil in a medium nonstick pan. Divide the mixture into four equal portions and drop into the pan, pressing down with a fork until a 1/2 inch thick cake is formed. Cook on medium heat until golden and crisp, then flip carefully and cook the other side. Remove to a plate lined with paper towels to drain.
- Season with an additional sprinkle of kosher salt. Serve hot.
- Serving Size: 1 latke
- Calories: 122
- Fat: 9g
- Carbohydrates: 6.25g net
- Protein: 3g