Easy grain free crackers to satisfy that desire for crunch!
- 4 tbs Chia Seeds
- 4 Tbs Hemp Hearts
- ½ cup Almond Flour
- 2 TBS Extra Virgin Oilve Oil
- 1 pinch sea salt
- ½ cup water to soak the chia seeds
- Pre-heat oven to 200F
- Soak chia seeds for 1 hour in the ½ cup of water.
- After the ½ hour the seeds should have become gelatinous and have absorbed all the water, stir them with the spoon they should be a thick consistency. If picked up with a spoon they should not run off but stick to the spoon.
- If the seeds are too wet and runny, just another Tbs of chia seeds and wait another 10 minutes.
- Now you can add the rest of the ingredients and mixx well to form a dough. Again the consistency should be the one of a pliable dough. You should be able to form a ball with it.
- Put your ball of dough on a large piece of parchment paper.
- Cover it with cling wrap plastic and start rolling it out with a rolling pin or a wine bottle!
- The dough needs to be as thin as possible without breaking. I would recommend the dough to be spread thinner than ¼ inch and to be of even thickness or it will not dry evenly.
- Once the dough is thin and flat peel off the plastic sheet gently.
- Now place your parchment paper over a large cookie sheet without breaking the dough.
- Bake at 200 for about 45 minutes or until the dough had dried and slightly browned.
- If the crackers are not drying it means you rolled them out too thick! You can take them out and try to peel off the parchment paper and put them back in the oven on the cookie sheet, so the other side can dry easier. Only do this step if you are having trouble drying them.
- Once they are dry and crispy, let them cool, then cut into 2” squares with a knife point. You can now peel them form the bottom paper.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Serves: 8 portions
- Serving size: 1 portion
- Calories: 122
- Fat: 10.3 gr
- Carbohydrates: NET 1 gr NET
- Fiber: 3.25 gr
- Protein: 3.75 gr