This is the best Bolognese sauce recipe, a staple in my home. It’s so easy to make, I always make a big batch for dinner and freeze the rest to use throughout the month – a huge time saver! Making it in the pressure cooker makes this Sunday sauce a dish you can whip up any night of the week!
TOTAL TIME:60 minutes
PREP TIME:15 minutes
COOK TIME:45 minutes
- 4 ounces pancetta (or center cut bacon), chopped
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 large white onion, minced
- 2 celery stalks (about 3/4 cup), minced
- 2 carrots (about 3/4 cup), minced
- 2 lb lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup dry white wine, such as Pinot Grigio
- 2 (28 oz) cans crushed tomatoes (I love Tuttorosso)
- 3 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt and fresh black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup half & half cream
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Press saute on the Instant Pot, sauté the pancetta over low heat until the fat melts, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add the butter, onion, celery and carrots and cook until soft, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add the meat and season it with 3/4 teaspoons salt and black pepper to taste and sauté until browned, about 4 to 5 minutes, breaking the meat up into smaller pieces with a wooden spoon as it cooks.
- Add the wine and cook until it reduces down, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add crushed tomatoes, bay leaves, 3/4 teaspoon salt and fresh cracked black pepper; cover and cook high pressure 15 minutes.
- Natural release, stir in the half & half and garnish with parsley; serve over your favorite pasta, zucchini noodles or spaghetti squash.
Yield: 10 servings, Serving Size: generous 1/2 cup
- Amount Per Serving:
- Freestyle Points: 7
- Points +: 5
- Calories: 191 calories
- Total Fat: 8.5g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Cholesterol: 124mg
- Sodium: 568mg
- Carbohydrates: 12.5g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Sugar: 6.5g
- Protein: 12g