Gooey melty cheese in a delicious garlicky low carb muffin. It’s like garlic bread in a healthier muffin form! Great for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
Cuisine: Bread Servings: 12 Calories: 322 kcal
Prep Time 20 mins Cook Time 25 mins Total Time 45 mins
- 6 tbsp butter melted
- 5 cloves garlic pressed or finely minced, divided
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 cups almond flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese I used Cabot Seriously Sharp
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 4 ounces shredded mozzarella
- Sea salt for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 325F and grease a standard-size non-stick muffin tin very well. Set the muffin tin on a large rimmed baking sheet (to catch the drips).
- Combine the melted butter and 3 cloves of the garlic. Set aside.
- In a high-powered blender or a food processor, combine the sour cream, eggs, remaining garlic, and salt. Process until well combined. Add the almond flour, baking powder, cheese, and parsley and process again until smooth.
- Divide half of the batter between the prepared muffin cups and use a spoon to make a small well in the center of each.
- Divide the shredded mozzarella between the muffins, pressing into the wells. Drizzle with about 1 tsp of the garlic butter mixture.
- Divide the remaining batter between each muffin cup, make sure to cover the cheese as best you can. Brush the tops with the remaining garlic butter and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake 25 minutes or so, until tops are golden brown and just firm to the touch. These will drip a lot of oil as they bake and it may spill over the sides a bit (hence the baking sheet underneath – to save your oven!).
- Remove and let cool 10 minutes before serving. They are fantastic still warm from the oven with the cheese still gooey. They are great cool too and warm up nicely.