This penne alla vodka recipe uses cauliflower instead of pasta to make it low carb and gluten free. Easy and delicious, it’s just as good as the real thing!
Author: Mellissa Sevigny , Yield: 8 generous 1 cup servings , Cuisine: Italian American
- 8 cups cooked cauliflower florets, well drained
- 2 cups vodka sauce
- 2 Tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 6 slices Provolone cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- Combine the cauliflower, vodka sauce, heavy whipping cream, butter, Parmesan cheese, kosher salt, and black pepper in a large bowl and toss to coat well.
- Transfer into a 9 x 13 baking dish (or equivalent) and top with slices of Provolone (or mozzarella) cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degree (F) oven for 30 – 40 minutes or until the casserole is bubbling and the cheese is completely melted.
- Remove from the oven and let it rest for about 10 minutes.
- Top with chopped fresh basil and serve.
Approx. nutrition info per serving: 214 calories, 14g fat, 6g net carbs, 12g protein