Simple wholesome ingredients and a simple recipe result in a spaghetti squash full of garlic and parsley flavor – much like a homemade pesto.
PREP TIME: 10 MINUTES COOK TIME: 1 HOUR TOTAL TIME: 1 HOUR SERVINGS: 4 CALORIES: 89KCAL AUTHOR: LOWCARBMAVEN.COM
- 1 large spaghetti squash
- 3 tablespoons buttersoft
- 2 cloves small garlicminced
- 2-3 tablespoonsminced parsley (a handful of leaveschopped)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 and position the rack to the middle. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half length-wise and scoop out the seeds. Mince the garlic and parsley and place into a small bowl. Add the softened butter and mix together with a fork.
- Rub the butter over the cut sides of the spaghetti squash and in the cavity.
- Bake for 40 – 60 minutes or until the squash pulls away from the sides in strands.
- Cool until you are able to handle and scrape the squash from the skin. Salt and pepper to taste and mix in the Parmesan cheese.
- About 3/4 cups per serving. Don’t pack the cup measure.
Serving: 3g | Calories: 89kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 6g | Fiber: 2g