Belated Merry Christmas! How has the holiday season been going for you all?The holidays get pretty hectic around here, so I’ve been keeping things simple wherever I can. Multiple families and several celebrations in the span of just a few days can make you not want to set foot in the kitchen for a while. And then you realize your family needs to eat and you’re the only one capable of getting something palatable on the table.
Cook time 1 hour 10 mins Total time 1 hour 10 mins
Author: Joy @ The Joyful FoodieRecipe type: paleo, gluten free, grain free, side dishCuisine: Asian
- 1 medium spaghetti squash, about 3 pounds
- 2 Tbs browned butter or olive oil
- 5-8 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 1-2 Tbs sesame oil
- 3-5 Tbs coconut aminos
- 1 Tbs porcini mushroom powder*
- 3 green onions, chopped
- salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Poke squash with a fork all over and place in the preheated oven. Roast at 375°F for 1 hour.
- Remove squash from oven and let rest until cool enough to handle.
- When squash is cool enough to touch, cut the stem off the squash then slice the squash in half lengthwise.
- Scoop out and discard the seeds then use a fork to shred out the squash “noodles”
- In a medium sized pan, heat the browned butter or olive oil over medium-low heat until hot.
- Add the garlic and stir until fragrant.
- Add the mushroom powder, coconut aminos and squash and stir until combined and heated through.
- Remove from heat and add sesame oil and salt to taste.
- Top with green onion.
Notes*Mushroom powder keeps this dish simple, but feel free to use sauteed fresh or dried mushrooms as well. Don’t want/have mushrooms? Leave it out! Still tastes great, but you may need a little more salt.