Coming from a large Italian family, I’ve had my fair share of delicious foods. Pre-keto, I was all about the traditional necessities: baked ziti, crusty bread with a sweet olive oil and herb blend, and most importantly – the delicious soups.
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 quart water
- 1 pound Italian sausage ground
- 3 cups kale chopped
- 2 cups cauliflower riced
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup butter
- salt and pepper to taste I like salty
- Brown sausage in saucepan with onion and garlic.
- After meat is cooked through, deglaze pan using chicken stock (deglazing means just adding liquid to a hot pan to remove all bits of food).
- Add water, crushed red pepper, salt and pepper.
- Simmer broth for half hour.
- Add butter, kale and cauliflower and cook for roughly 15 minutes, until cauliflower and kale is tender.
- Minutes before serving, add a splash of heavy cream.