This Goat Cheese Cauliflower Bake is super creamy and extra delicious with a little bit of bacon. You would never guess it’s super easy, healthy and low carb!
- 2 large head Cauliflowers, chopped (8 cups chopped)
- 4 strips Hickory Smoked Bacon
- 1 cup Onion, diced
- 4 teaspoons Garlic, minced
- 10 ounces Goat Cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup Reduced Fat Cream Cheese, softened
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Green Onion, sliced, for garnish
- Heat your oven to 400°F and spray a small casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Place the chopped cauliflower into a large bowl and microwave for 8 minutes. Stir and microwave for an additional 8 minutes, until fork tender.
- While the cauliflower cooks, heat a small pan on medium heat and cook the bacon until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes per side. Once cooked, blot of the excess fat with a paper towel, cut into small pieces and set aside. Make sure to reserve the bacon fat in the pan.
- Heat the reserved bacon fat on medium/high heat and cook the onion and garlic until golden brown and soft, just 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer the cooked cauliflower into a large food processor and add in 8 oz of the goat cheese, the cream cheese and the cooked onions. Process until well mixed and almost totally smooth, keeping a few chunks in for texture.
- Transfer the cauliflower mixture to a medium bowl and stir in the sliced bacon and mix until evenly distributed. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Fill the prepared casserole dish with the cauliflower and crumble the remaining goat cheese on top.
- Bake until the top just begins to brown, about 20 minutes. Garnish with green onion and serve.