Fluffy low carb mashed cauliflower with celery root is perfect served with roast chicken, turkey, or any other roasted or grilled meat. A great cauliflower mashed potatoes recipe.
- 1 pound cauliflower florets
- 1 small celeriacpeeled and cubed (8-10 oz)
- 1 large garlic clovepeeled and sliced
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 stick butter (4 oz)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon snipped chives optional
- sub buttermilk or sour cream for heavy cream
- add the zest of 1 lemon
- top with chives or green onion
- top with chopped parsley
- top with bacon
- top with a nice sharp cheddar
- Celeriac: Cut off the top and bottom of the celeric. Then, with a sharp knife and working from top to bottom, peel the root as if you would supreme a grapefruit (see post for video link). Cut the celeriac into 1/2 inch dice, place into a pot with the sliced garlic and cover with water. Bring up to a boil and cook the celeriac until tender and easily pierced with a fork. Drain.
- Cauliflower: Cut the cauliflower into florets and place into a microwavable bowl. Add 2 tablespoons of water, cover, and cook at high power 5-8 minutes or until the cauliflower is tender and easily pierced with a fork. Drain.
- Puree: Place both the cauliflower and celeraic (with garlic) into a food processor and pulse to break up the pieces. Add the heavy cream and puree until smooth. Add the butter and mix again. Add salt and pepper to taste. Either mix the chives into the mash or save to garnish the top.)
- Serve: Garnish with chives or a little chopped parsley.
This cauliflower mash is just as good reheated and served the next day.Nutritional Info for 6 servings: Calories: 105, Fat: 9, Total Carbs: 6, Fiber: 3, Protein: 2, TOTAL CARBS: 3
Calories: 158kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 13g | Fiber: 4g