This easy low carb creamed kale is a delicious way to get your healthy greens in! Your family and friends will love it!
Author: Mellissa Sevigny Yield: Ten 1/2 cup servings
- 4 slices raw bacon, chopped
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 10 cups raw kale, chopped
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan or romano cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- Cook the bacon in a large saute pan until golden but not quite crisp. Remove the bacon and set aside for the topping.
- Add the butter and garlic to the bacon grease in the pan and cook for about 1 minute or until the garlic is fragrant.
- Add the almond milk and nutmeg and stir well.
- Pile the kale into the pan, it’s ok if it’s heaped up, just let it cook, stirring occasionally for about 5 minutes or until completely wilted.
- Stir in the mascarpone and parmesan cheese until well blended.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a greased casserole dish.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree (F) oven for about 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and top with the bacon and walnuts. Put back in the oven and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Approx nutrition info per 1/2 cup: 200 calories, 16g fat, 6g net carbs, 6g protein